SAFe Agile adoption (including DevOps with Agile) and organisational change management
Unico supported a leading Australian Telco transform organisationally to meet future needs of customers and improve adoption of a ‘cloud-first’ approach and SAFe Agile ways of working, including DevOps with Agile.
- Real time charging and billing functions
- Improved people, culture and capability of a cloud-first principle and Agile ways of working
- Uplift of software quality
- DevOps with Agile approach
- Joint organisation change management plan
- SAFe Agile delivery and SAFe coaches
- Data driven decisions.
A leading Australian Telco recognised the necessity to completely transform to continue to meet the future needs of its customers. It sought improved people, culture and capability via the adoption of a cloud-first approach and Agile ways of working to increase competence, knowledge, team performance, improved organisational governance, harness and improve innovation opportunities and decrease time to market for a new product through implementation of DevOps with Agile approach.
The project called for a new approach for more effective change management and improved governance, including adopting a whole of business Future Ways of Working (FWOW) transformation.
• Improve responsiveness for internal and external customers
• Compress the time taken to market for new and updated product
• Increase operating efficiency
• Uplift software quality
• Lower resourcing costs
• Increase visibility of the development pipeline between the two partners
• Undertake the change with a seamless transition representing minimal disruption.
We worked closely with the Telco to form a Joint Organisation Change Management Plan. The plan included a shared transformation vision and plan, clear roles and responsibilities between the Telco and our team. Shared Tools that supported collaboration and alignment between the SAFe Coach and the Telco’s FWOW Coaches were adopted, and Unico led the adoption of SAFe agile delivery across the partnership.
The Telco is now empowered by transparency and this leads to evidence and data driven decision making. This ensures there is clearer visibility on its product roadmap and the organisation is positioned with the confidence to deliver to it. The result for the customer is that they are delivering more effectively and with greater consistency.
Business Development Manager