Maximising ROI on automated marketing campaigns through data cleansing: Melbourne Racing Club
How we helped Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) regain trust in their customer data by building a custom data cleansing extension to extract and cleanse duplicated Salesforce Marketing Cloud contacts.
- Melbourne Racing Club (MRC)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) campaigns and data cleansing services
- Identify and remove duplicate SFMC contacts in Racing Victoria’s database
- Ensure all MRC’s contacts and leads are listed with 100% accuracy
- Reduce salesforce contract renewal fees
- 2-week consulting engagement with MRC
- Identify, extract and remove duplicate contacts with automated queries
- Run comparative tests to ensure data is duplicated before removal
- Removed 400,000 corrupted / duplicate contacts from database of over 1,000,000
- Saved MRC $100,000 in costs over a 2-year contract renewal period
A major part to conducting an effective automated messaging campaign is whether you can trust your data. Campaign results can vary drastically return in investment (ROI) based on how accurate the Salesforce database of contacts is. MRC had a database of over 1,000,000 contacts which contained a significant number of duplicates and corrupted data. In a 2-week engagement Unico cleansed their database of any duplicate contacts or outdated contacts that were no longer being targeted by email or SMS content.
The data was extracted to a data extension where comparative testing was conducted to verify that contacts were classified as duplicates before deletion. Ensuring that a contact database is rid of all non-validated contacts means messaging automation platforms like SFMC charge users based on the true size of their contact list.
“Contact database authentication was a major focus for Racing Victoria as our number of contacts continued to grow. Unico was able to enable us to have complete trust in our data within just two weeks and provided immediate ROI through this engagement”
– Marcia Allan, GM Customer Strategy & Engagement, Racing Victoria.
Following the data cleansing of Racing Victoria’s contact database, over 400,000 entries were removed resulting in over $100,000 of saved contract renewal costs. This was 4 times the cost of the Unico engagement, resulting in significant ROI for MRC and clear value add.