To agency recruiters: Please note this is not an invitation for agency recruiters to introduce profiles with Unico. Any profiles introduced to Unico without any agreed terms of business will be consider as a goodwill referral. We only accept direct candidate applications through the links below that include communication information for the individual candidates. Direct communication via a phone call or e-mail to any member of staff will result in your agency being blacklisted immediately. Agencies shall not use this job description to attract candidates on behalf of Unico on your agency website without any written permission to do so. Thank you for respecting our processes.
Position Title: Solution Architect
Reports To (Title): Head of Design
Direct Reports: Nil
Indirect Reports: Nil
Internal Contacts: Program/Project Managers, Practice Managers, Developers, Testers, Support and Services, Sales/Presales Team, Architects
External Contacts: Customers, Contractors, Consultants
A solution architect will use their extensive technical knowledge and industry experience to architect and design smart, practical, and reliable software solutions to meet business challenges from our customers.
This role is responsible for liaising with clients, gathering technical requirements, solution design and leading technical teams to successfully deliver IT solutions. The architect will be the primary point of contact for technical consultancy and technical issue resolution on a given project/platform.
This role is not limited to the primary duties/responsibilities/main activities listed herein, other tasks can be assigned by Management when the need arises within the business.
- Technical requirements gathering
- Solution design and reviews
- Effort estimation
- Capture, analyse, and manage architectural requirements and constraints
- Communicating solution to project delivery teams and providing clarifications as necessary
- Author artefacts necessary to detail a solution for effective analysis, implementation, deployment, and support/operations.
- Ensuring quality of implementation and technical deliverables
- Providing technical leadership to delivery teams
- Play a major role in delivering demonstrable value in customer engagements
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve our delivery of value to the customer
- Develop and maintain lasting and collaborative client relationships through personal interactions and understanding the customer’s business
- Use and adapt appropriate delivery methods to effectively manage risk, quality, and outcomes
- Effectively communicate ideas, concepts, viewpoints, and arguments to individuals or groups
- Contribute towards increasing the capability of Unico practices through knowledge sharing
- Increase personal capability through self-study, training, and learning from others
Business Development / Process (15%)
- Contribute towards presales activities working alongside the Unico sales and presales team
- Define, estimate, propose, and present solutions that address a customer’s business problem
- Contributing to recruitment, process improvement etc.
Strategy and Marketing (5%)
- Demonstrate thought leadership in areas of expertise
- Supporting the business in building a reputation of delivering innovative software solutions
- Increase Unico’s market reputation through various channels, including events, written collateral, blogging, and professional networking
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical leadership skills
- Software engineering concepts
- Experience in delivering complex IT solutions with high availability
- Ability to get hands on as required to analyse or resolve problems
- Knowledge of Telecommunications networks, protocols, services, solutions etc.
- IT-related architectural models such as TOGAF, and service delivery models such as ITIL
- Knowledge on databases (Informix, MySQL)
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools
- Minimum of 5 years experience working as an Architect
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading Technical teams
- Liaising with client teams
- Implementing complex IT solutions
- Working with Cloud based Solutions (AWS/AZURE)
- Working with an agile methodology
- Working with real-time rating and charging platforms
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science. Engineering or related discipline
- Master’s degree in an IT related discipline
- TOGAF Certification